Search This Blog

Wednesday, July 27, 2011

Golf and a very special RSCJ

MER and Ginny Dennehy, RSCJ
photo taken at Oakwood in the Rose Room on May 29, 2011

Last week as I volunteered for the U.S. Girls' Junior Championship being hosted at Olympia Fields Country Club, my thoughts turned to a very special RSCJ whom I met when I attended Barat College.  Virginia Dennehy, RSCJ, PhD., lived in Dougherty Dorm and once I found out that as a young girl she played competitive golf,  I cajoled her into giving those interested in the game a few pointers on their respective swings.  Sr. Dennehy moved out to California shortly after I graduated.  She currently teaches at the Institute of Transpersonal Psychology and serves as a spiritual guide and counselor to individuals, couples and families in the Atherton/Menlo Park area of California.  Yes, on occasion she may even get in a round of golf!  On a recent trip to Atherton, after Sunday morning mass with the retired religious at Oakwood, Ginny came up to greet me with a warm smile.  She currently lives near the Oakwood Community in Redwood City.  We had an opportunity to catch up over lunch before I headed to the airport and back to Chicago. To learn more about Sr. Dennehy, click here to  read the Winter 2010 issue of Heart Magazine (page 20-21).




No comments:

Post a Comment