Search This Blog

Saturday, July 16, 2011

Feast of Our Lady of Mount Carmel

Our Lady of Mount Carmel

July 16, 1820 ~  Today the Church celebrates the feast of Our Lady of Mount Carmel.  If Mary glories in being our Mother and in protecting all mankind, think what special and loving care she extends to those who honor her by wearing her holy scapular. 

The above quotation is from Father Joseph Varin, S. J. and taken from the book: Through the Year with Philippine Duchesne

Prayer to the Blessed Mother of Mount Carmel
     
    Oh most beautiful flower of Mt. Carmel, fruitful vine, splendor of Heaven, Blessed Mother of the Son of God, Immaculate Virgin, assist me in my necessity. Oh Star of the Sea, help me and show me you are my Mother. 
      Oh Holy Mary, Mother of God, Queen of Heaven and earth, I humbly beseech you from the bottom of my heart to secure me in this necessity (make request): there are none that can withstand your power. 
     Oh Mary, conceived without sin, pray for us who have recourse to thee (say three times). Holy Mary, I place this prayer in your hands (say three times). Amen."
Taken from: A Collection of My Favorite Catholic Prayers by G. P. Geoghegan



No comments:

Post a Comment