|Aerial view of Barat College and Woodlands Academy of the Sacred Heart|
City of Lake Forest earns $48,000 on $12 million Barat sale - Lake Forester
In 1901 the Society of the Sacred Heart purchased approximately 43 acres of property in Lake Forest, Illinois. The Academy of the Sacred Heart located on Taylor Street in Chicago, IL was then relocated in 1904 to a beautiful Georgian style structure designed by architects Egan & Prindeville.
Now fast forward 110 years later and anonymous donors have closed on the Barat College property with the intention of financing the demolition of Old Main and clearing the site of all debris. So it appears that in 2012 all that will remain of the original 43 acre Barat College campus site will be the Sr. Madeleine Sophie Cooney Library, designed by architects Lohan Associates, Inc and completed in 1996 as well as, Woodlands Academy of the Sacred Heart, designed by architects Loebl, Schlossman & Bennett and completed in 1961. An extraordinary gift indeed with endless possibilities for Woodlands Academy to expand and continue their educational mission.