Search This Blog

Saturday, December 31, 2011

Prayer to the Infant Jesus: Written by Mother Duchesne in her Office Book

Prayer to the Infant Jesus
You have come down from Heaven, O King of Heaven, to a lowly stable on earth, to cold and poverty. Your love alone has urged You to suffer all this. O Omnipotent Creator of the World, clothed in swaddling bands, Your poverty increases my love for You, for I know that You endure it for me.

O sweet Love of my heart, You leave the bosom of the Father and suffer on this earth, to which love alone attracted You.  But if You desire to suffer, why do You weep? O Jesus, I understand: You weep because I do not weep over my own ingratitude to You. You weep because my love for You is so weak. O Beloved of my heart, do not shed more tears.  I love You; yes, I love You now and forever.

Written by Mother Duchesne in her Office Book
Taken from the book: Through the Year with Philippine Duchesne


No comments:

Post a Comment