Search This Blog

Thursday, June 30, 2011

My Inspiration for this blog ...2011 Woman of Conscience recipient


Helen Rosenthal, RSCJ was the 2011 Woman of Conscience recipient at our AASH Conference in Miami this past April 2011. For further information on her please read the Winter issue of Esprit de Coeur. Sr. Rosenthal has a daily blog. Without giving away her age, I can tell you that in 1959 (the year I was born!) the Mother General asked her, "Do you love the Lord enough to go on missions for him?" Sr. Rosenthal is well traveled and has a most interesting background and what inspired me most about her was that she has been keeping a daily blog since 2007!!
To read Sr. Rosenthal's blog please click on link below
 - http://reflectionsofanrscj.blogspot.com/2011/01/st-philippine-duchesne.html

We met in Miami and I presented her with an orchid corsage that had been sent to me earlier that afternoon by Sacred Heart alums from Barat.

With gratitude Sr. Rosenthal for all you have done and continue to do! You are truly an inspiration!

1 comment:

  1. I told my community that I hoped I had thanked for everything but had not thanked for the lovely orchid corsage and could not remember who gave it to me. I was most grateful and now happy to know that it came from you and from the Barat alums. I also am very grateful to you for including my blog in yours as I find that many alums as well as Associates read it daily. I guess knowing that it helps others keeps me at it. I am thrilled that you now have a blog and will bookmark it.
    With prayer, love, and gratitude on this Feast of the Sacred Heart,
    Helen Rosenthal, rscj
    I am 80 years old and proud of it!

    ReplyDelete