Search This Blog

Friday, June 8, 2018

Prayer to the Sacred Heart by Saint Madeleine Sophie Barat


Sending my very best wishes to all alumnae/i for a  Happy Feast of the Sacred Heart today!  I am especially thinking of and praying for the RSCJ all over the world who renew their vows on this special day.  

Below is a beautiful prayer found in a small book entitled  Special Devotions Compiled for the Children of the Sacred Heart.  


Prayer to the Sacred Heart
By St. Madeleine Sophie


Sacred Heart of Jesus, I come to Thee because Thou art my only refuge, my only but certain hope.  Thou art the comfort for all my sufferings, the remedy for all my miseries, the reparation for all my losses, the expiation for all my faults, the supplement for all that is wanting to me, the certainty for all my demands, the infallible source, for me and for all, of light, strength, benediction, constancy and peace.  I am sure that Thou wilt not weary of me, that Thou wilt not cease to love me, to aid and protect me, because Thou lovest me with an infinite love.  Have mercy on me, then, according to Thy great mercy, and do with me, and in me, whatsoever Thou wilt.  I abandon myself to Thee, with full confidence that Thou wilt never abandon me.  Amen


Photo taken of the Sacred Heart statue located
at Mount Anville (Dublin, Ireland)



No comments:

Post a Comment