Search This Blog

Monday, May 28, 2012

Maria Shriver Sacred Heart Alumna Gives Commencement Address and Many Reasons to Take Pause


Earlier today while mutlti tasking as usual, I had the television on and was listening to  the Sunday morning news when I heard a familar voice.  My favorite show Meet The Press came on and the guest speaking was none other than one of our very own Sacred Heart alums, Maria Shriver.   I paused long enough to hear her speaking about the recent commencement address she gave at USC's Annenberg School of Communication and Journalism.  Maria's daughter Katherine Schwarzenegger was one of the graduates in the audience.  


After listening to David Gregory interview Maria Shriver, I decided to view and listening to her entire speach.  I am so happy I did as I found her words very profound and moving. Her advise and words are worthy of a repeat here and for the full speech click on the video.  One does not have to be a recent graduate to realize that we all need to stop and pause through out the day.  One of my favorite quotes from her speech, "PAUSE -- and take the time to find out, what’s important to you. Find out what you love, what’s real and true to you -- so it can infuse and inform your work and make it your own."


I also found myself getting a little verklempt as she spoke from the heart and took time to pause and be in awe of the moment in seeing her first born graduate from college.  Maria has every reason to be proud of her daughter.  Katherine Schwarzenegger authored a book in 2010, "Rock What You've Got: Secrets to Loving Your Inner and Outer Beauty from Someone Who's Been There and Back".  I  think that this book sounds like it would make a wonderful graduation gift for a few young ladies that I know.  In Maria Shriver's words: "And finally, remember this: Whenever you're in doubt: PAUSE -- take a moment.  Look at your options -- check your intentions -- have a conversation with your heart and THEN?  Take the high road."



No comments:

Post a Comment