Search This Blog

Friday, July 17, 2015

One Year Later We Remember Victims of Flight MH17

"MH17 The Sunflowers: Sister Philomene Tiernan a loved, 'charmingly persistent' force of nature"


A loving, compassionate and spiritually engaging RSCJ that I had met in England last year was one of the many victims in the Malaysian airline crash. So today as the world recalls this senseless tragedy, I remember with gratitude that I had the opportunity to meet Sister Philomene Tiernan in England before her fateful journey to her homeland in Australia.  And, while there are many stories in the newspapers marking this one year anniversary, one story and video in particular caught my attention  - "MH17 The Sunflowers: Sister Philomene Tiernan a loved, 'charmingly persistent' force of nature" printed on July 14, 2015 in The Sydney Morning Herald.



PRAYER OF ST. FRANCIS

Lord, make me an instrument of your peace;
Where there is hatred, let me sow love;
where there is doubt, faith;
where there is despair; hope;
where there is darkness, light;
and where there is sadness, joy.

O Divine Master,
grant that I may not so much seek to be 
consoled as to console;
to be understood, as to understand;
to be loved, as to love;
for it is in giving that we receive, 
it is in pardoning that we are pardoned,
and it is in dying that we are born to Eternal
Life.

Amen.

No comments:

Post a Comment